Saturday, December 10, 2011

Which is better the cookie or the decorating?


The wonderful world of weekending is one I can't help but get lost in lately.  I have treasured my weekends and the magical moments they bring. Last weekend we ventured out to find our Christmas tree.  Ellie and Mason got all "dressed up" for the occasion.  Ellie wanted to wear her bedazzled look and Mason found his new Christmas Snoopy shirt and pirate beads to be the right look for him.  Binoculars for searching out the best tree were a must.


Before we left the house there was much to be done...stop to visit our pirate pumpkins that seem to hang onto fall even though Christmas decorations have begun to fill the porch.


Daddy and the kids went to check on their wheat and "The Wheat is Growing Run" began to celebrate.



Mason then posed as a scarecrow and then we were off.


Baby Isaiah woke up in time to see the trees everyone picked out and his cousins were more than happy to entertain him.


On the way to buy our tree Mason found a Gingerbread Boy decorating kit that was a must have.  I was excited to decorate the tree, but the boy was all about the cookie decorating so kids win when it comes to holiday cheer.






After many laughs it was time to try these tasty? treats...



Mason and Ellie worked to create their masterpieces and I think one of my favorite parts was when they actually tasted them Ellie spit hers right on out.  I can take a few pointers from them.  They are not troubled by the thought of letting something go to waste.  If it tastes like garbage that is its destiny...no need to ingest that.

Tasty?  Well not so much, but worth the experience?  Don't these pictures say it all?


The next day...


Mason: Ellie can I eat your nose?
Ellie: No.
Mason: But I love those kind. (Referring to gumdrop nose on her Gingerbread Boy.)
Ellie: (grabbing and pulling on her own nose while answering) No Mason, I can't even take it off.
Mason: (Looking at me, puzzled yet ready to bust out laughing) No I mean your Gingerbread Nose.
Ellie: (Laughing) Oh, yes that is fine.

A bit later he asked about her eyes and the the above conversation replayed but with eyes instead of nose.

No comments: