Monday, November 21, 2011

Let's Play Superheroes

So tonight we turned the TV off and let our brains wander into the world of Let's Pretend.  At the end of the night Ellie recapped all the fun with a quick summary, "We had fun playing Doctor and Baby and Superheroes. It was so fun!"

As the grown-ups were winding down I suggested, "Mason maybe we could draw or do something else."  I had just about hit my limit of playing "Baby".

From this little suggestion Mason lit up, "Yeah, let's play superheroes.  First we have to draw our designs for our superheroes and then we can play."

Ellie and I joined him on drawing and he created 3 to our 1 picture each. The following characters were born.
Super Stretch By Mason

Super Good Hero By Mommy, Face and Name By Mason

Ellie Superhero By Ellie

Weather Man By Mason

Force Field Guy By Mason
Uncle Chris needed a bit of coaxing, but he got into the spirit of things with a bit of persuasion from his nephew.  "Just doodle a guy and then we can play superheroes with our guys," Mason said handing him doodling supplies. "Who is that guy? Crazy Hair Guy?" No, it's "Hammer Hand!"

Hammer Hand By Uncle Chris
As Daddy was just beginning to convince the wee ones it was time to brush teeth and get ready for bed I heard, "But we didn't play our superhero guys yet!"

Thankfully the boy is a speedy artist and had extra heroes ready for play.

Introducing:
Daddy as Super Stretch, 
Grandma as Weather Man, 
Mason as Force Field Guy, 
Mommy as Super Good Hero, 
Ellie as Ellie SuperHero, and 
Uncle Chris as Hammer Hand.

The wild adventure that followed will play out in your imagination.  Enjoy.

After a late afternoon nap, Ellie was not quite ready to sleep so she got back up with me a bit and decided after drawing she wanted to cut something.  She got her drawings and began.  I asked her what she was making. "Nothing, I am just cutting."

Here is her masterpiece. I think I will clean it up tomorrow.




No comments: