Tuesday, November 08, 2011

I Like

Did you ever see the movie Amelie?  I love the cover of the box, the bold green the sassy haircut, the mystery...I honestly don't remember  the entire movie, for it has been too long, but I love the lists of likes and dislikes for the characters...for that is what I am thinking of on this chilly, early morning.

Jen
She likes the quiet calm before the storm.
She likes that the weather has turned cold and she gets to pull out a few new "looks" in her wardrobe.  Bring on the scarves and sweaters!
She likes snuggling with her family in the night as her chilly, little ones creep from their bed to ours in search of warm snuggles.
She likes that she was up at 2am making muffins, so Mason could bring them for our turn to bring "Parent Snack" at school yesterday, which he brought proudly and told his teacher that his daddy made them for everyone.  (Yes, this is in my likes because if a muffin fairy came into our house in the night and made muffins while I was sleeping I would most likely predict it was Daddy because like Mason told his teacher, "He is the best Chef." I don't mind being in the background on this one. Besides I have proof that I do some "cheffing" now and then. Styling by Mason.) 

Pirate Chef preparing 1st carrot cake for Halloween! 

She particularly likes that Mason's conversation with his teacher prompted her to write it down and share it with Josh in a note. (Reading the conversation in it's entirety was inspiring as well as her taking the time to share her take on it. ) 
She likes being awake and finding time to just be.

Mason's sign...oh there is a story here, but there is also a bit of sleep to be had.  More to come...
She dislikes that the weather has tuned cold and her feet and hands are sticking out of the blanket and she is cold. 
She dislikes that every time the wee ones snuggle us it means there is a dirty dog creeping into their warm, cozy, vacant beds.
She dislikes having to rewash all that bedding that she was feeling productive about being caught up on.
She dislikes that she didn't make enough muffins to be able to try one or give Ellie one as she asked to eat one yesterday morning.
She dislikes that she is awake and not sleeping because she fears how exhaustion will come to visit when she is least prepared. 

As I said, I don't remember the whole movie or the order of how these lists came together, but I am thinking I should have put the bad before the good to end on the up swing of things....

....she likes reading and writing and the magic that they bring whether it is alone or with others. Each can bring a smile, a tear, a laugh, a feeling that helps you know why you do what you do. 

That is if  you take a breath now and then to be awake and find time to think and just be.
Ellie my new little "writer". "Do you see my bone? Do you see my leash?"
The girl loves her dogs.

No comments: