Sunday, August 07, 2011

Some snippets I love about THIS summer...


Within the last couple of weeks Ellie has discovered how to say Mason. He is no longer Mase, (I don't even know how to spell it), but full on Mason. She says it so beautifully.

Mason and Ellie have become the best of friends, (and the worst of enemies at times, but I guess that's how we grow, right Chris?)

Josh has made yet another amazing device...his solar food dehydrator! It is beautiful and I will let him tell you all about it.

Josh has begun canning tomatoes, and my new favorite pickled green beans, SO Tasty!


Mason is a little gardener. And a LEGO designer...notice the LEGO carpet in the background. I find it ironic that the toy vacuum is laying there. HA!

Mason wanted to sleep upstairs in his "own room" two nights in a row.

Ellie has worn her new underwear everyday since our trip and at night. Funny side story: I asked her if we should give her diapers away to a baby that needs them and she was too attached and cried in horror, "NO I NEED MY DIAPERS!" I can handle storing them a while more if it means I don't have to wash them anymore! Woohoo big girl! HUGE accomplishment.

I am in the midst of decluttering our house...I am thinking it will be an ongoing work in progress, but PROGRESS has been made indeed.

Mason and Ellie now have a costume drawer under their bed, which they think is fantastic!

Ellie and Mason are making amazing cards for their friend's birthday party that we need to head to soon so I am off. Last HOORAH of summer. Lookout Fairytale Town we are comin'!

1 comment:

teacher girl said...

I LOVE that you can capture the memories of your two adorable kids in this little blog post. Sounds like it was a wonderful summer & that you have two scientists on your hands! YAY! {I used to teach science at a private school for 1 1/2 years---SO fun!} Here's to a great last few days of summer! I LOVE your blog!