Thursday, June 18, 2009

Quotable Quotes


In college I used to love the idea of writing a book of all the quotable quotes I heard in my various adventures.  These would not be famous quotes, rather silly things people say that made me laugh or think. Things you overhear at restaurants, things students say, things rowing coaches say, etc.  I had many a good ones, all that have escaped me as I type, should have written that book.

Today we were outside at the water tub with Mason. The first day we were motivating to weed and plant the side garden corn patch it decided to get blistering hot. The mysterious cool weather vanished just in time. Josh had gone in to get an iced tea and came out with the cap quote. (This is a new collection we have growing on our kitchen windowsill.  Collect caps with interesting quotes for a writing center next year in Josh's classroom.)  I like to hear them, but today's is one that struck me and I would like to save it in my heart and mind.  

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." Unknown

I thought about it as Mason was so excited to show Daddy his jumping skills in the water as he was covered in colorful ink, I was holding a sleeping Ellie, and the wonder of summertime was washing over me.  I couldn't help but let my eyes flood as the magic of the moment overwhelmed me.  

No comments: