Friday, May 01, 2009

Tomatoes, Peppers, and Marigolds...Oh My!


Hi everyone,
It's time to plant some flowers. Take a look at these marigolds. I think they are beautiful. Let's go get planting. Come on, I'll show you the way to the garden.


Grandma and I will help unload these flowers and get ready to help Daddy. We watered the soil, so it is ready to become a great home for these new plants.


First you dig a hole, then take out a flower and tickle its roots so it is ready to find its new home.  Then put it in the hole and fill in the hole with dirt. Be sure to do it gently.


See those big green plants Daddy planted?  Those are tomatoes.  I like to call them May-toes.  I love to pick them and make salsa. They are not ready yet.  We will have to wait. Daddy and I will put in our sign to let people know what we planted.  We painted it last summer and put it in this frame.  We can reuse it.


Push it in all the way.  Whew!  That should do it. Maybe it is time to take a rest. Let's get Mommy and show her all our hard work. She can't help us, yet.  She has to rest with the baby sister.



She was so proud of us.  She thought it all looked great.  She can't wait to see how big our garden gets. Here's what it looks like so far.
  

I think it's time for a cold treat. We've earned it!


2 comments:

You know who... said...

That's it...I'm driving up there to take Mason to the movies. That kid's spending waay too much time outside.

Jen said...

Well if that's the only way to get you here to visit, then so be it. We will keep on gardening until we see you. Don't forget to bring your girls with you when you come.