Sunday, May 03, 2009

Hello Ladies!


I love my boys. They are so good to me and find great ways to make we smile.  Yesterday after a trip to the music store they came home to surprise me with daffodils.  They are too cute.  

Lately, as you have seen on early posts, they have been bonding by spending quality time out in the garden. When they aren't in the garden they can be found in one of Mason's favorite spots: Green Acres Nursery or Whole Foods. 

Today Mason helped me clean up the baby's car seat and said he was happy that she would get to ride in the car next to him when she comes home.  On the way to Whole Foods this evening as we approached the nursery he told us, "That's where my baby sister will be sitting. She will learn how to look out her window and see the nursery and Whole Foods." You know the important things in life.  

He then launched into an elaborate story of the following.  He and Josh had gone to the nursery to buy some supplies and Mason picked out some ladybugs for the garden.  He was so proud to show them to me and was dying to put them in the garden. 1,500 little ladybugs.  He had to wait until the sun was going down and then the adventure began.

First he had to document the experience by taking pictures of his ladybugs with his camera.  


Once they were out they were everywhere.  They were on his cheek, his head, his arm it was too cute.  He retold the story with some embellishments as all excellent story tellers will do.


Notice one hanging out by his eye below.


"Hi ladybug, I will be your friend."


2 comments:

Loretta Monroe said...

Mason is such a good little gardener!

I had NO IDEA you could buy ladybugs like that! Hmmmm! It's like I'm back in the 3rd grade and learning a thing or two from you again! :o)

The Howard Bunch said...

I love how excited he is about his baby sister!!!