Monday, February 26, 2007

Mommy and Me


Everyone says it is amazing how much babies change in the first year of life for a reason...it amazes me how Mason proves this theory each and every day. Earlier this morning he saw his alien puppet hanging out of the basket by his changing pad and reached up to grab its bright, red antennea ball. He grabbed that guy and pulled him off. This may seem like any old, ordinary feat, but just last week he was merely beginning to control his arms and hands. He would swing at the toys we hung from his car seat randomly, every now and then connecting with them. Then he would be distracted by the realization that he was controlling his hand and focus intently on the waving mitt in front of him.

Today marks the start of our final week of maternity leave. Our 24/7 Mommy and Mason time. Mason has decided to show me that he is working on giving me a bit more sleep to prepare for going back to work. On Saturday night he slept 9 hours in a row...a personal record! So this week I dedicate to him. (Not that the other weeks haven't been all about him, or the weeks to come for that matter.) However, with deadlines, our procrastination seems to have a finishline, a boost of adrenaline, a final sprint. So, as I look to the last 250 meters of this maternity leave race, I see Mason, Mason, Mason. How do I wish to maximize my full-time motherhood, my reign as a "SAHM" with you this week? What shall we do to enjoy our time? The answer is simple. Just be you: surprise me, amaze me, snuggle me and I will feel oh so spoiled. I love you Mason, and look forward to the good times that lie ahead.

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

That first picture of you and Mason is so beautiful. Does it ever freak you out how much he looks like his dad? In a lot of those pictures, it is like looking at a smaller, balder Josh! (If Josh changed his fashion sensibilities to include onesies and tye-died ensembles.)