Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Autumn is my favorite season!

We recently attended a music workshop that was quite inspiring.  One part I could fully relate to was a lesson related to the seasons.  Our presenter was introducing a song and series of lessons where she began with "Autumn is my favorite season!  I love the fall, the leaves, the pumpkins...."  She then told of her students that say, "But Ms. Medley, didn't you say that summer was your favorite season?"  She replied, "Yes, and in a few months spring will be my favorite season."

I feel this way as the seasons change.  There is so much that can be noticed and enjoyed as the earth makes its way around the sun.  Just last week, Mason and I were traveling home as the sun was setting so early.  The sky was a gorgeous mixture of pinks, blues, oranges, and yellows.  We watched it with ooohhhs and aaahhhs.  Then the full moon appeared and we glanced out the other side of the car searching for it as it peeked in and out of the trees and buildings on our journey home.  We couldn't wait to get home and tell daddy of the wonders we saw.  

The fall brings so much more.  The pumpkins, the leaves, family, and celebrations.  Mason's birthday was a huge celebration and is in need of it's own posting, which I will attempt soon.  Most importantly, it brings about time to spend with the boys.  I look forward to spending our week off together next week.  And I promise I won't try to have you dress alike everyday.




4 comments:

Loretta Monroe said...

Where on Earth did you get matching shirts? That is too cute! Hey I want to follow your blog... where can I find a place to "subcribe" or "follow"?

Ian said...

Nice matching shirts and such!

Jen said...

Those shirts are from Old Navy. Josh had one and then I found one in Mason's size. I had thought I would get them for fourth of July, but Mason hadn't grown into his at that point.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rays! We love you and hope to see you before baby Erik arrives. He isn't planned to arrive till New Years. I work till Dec. 19th..so you can imagine, time is limited and I am just a bit tired of it all...all of it...

I promise to reach out and touch a phone soon. We love you!