Tuesday, August 05, 2014

"I Don't Need Anything That I Don't Have"

I just discovered this unfinished draft...it was inspired by hearing the Glen Phillips song "I Don't Need Anything That I Don't Have" one night while making dinner. I think I will share it in its unfinished state. 
PS.  I am still practicing with my new camera and will share some pics soon.


I celebrated my 40th birthday in March.  Instead of a big bash we had many mini celebrations and I felt oh so loved.  I wanted to write amidst it all, but as life goes these days I write and play with ideas in my head and somehow make time to sit at the computer and let some of what remains flow through my fingertips. 

My first mini bash was at brunch with my husband, kids, parents, brother and lovely friend and her son.  I had planned to celebrate her and her growing new baby and sure enough my family surprised me with the gift I have been wanting for a while. My very own fancy camera complete with new case and strap. They also signed me up for the Photography Workshop I had my eye on. One of the moms at preschool was offering the workshop as a fundraiser for the school.  She shared her talents and knowledge on a lovely afternoon in early March.  The photos in this post are some of my favorite first moments that I have captured so far as I try out her tips on our impromtu "Signs of Spring" walk through the yard and the filming of Mason's science video. 



Mason's shaved ice
Baby chicks are fun to hold
Super scientist

Ellie loves her ducks

No comments: