Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sweet As Can Be...

Sunday afternoon brought about many moments of fun.  Mason wanted to hold Ellie and then had me take their picture. 

The cooler, breezy weather inspired me to dress Ellie in her long sleeve cupcake shirt, which inspired me to search for a new cupcake recipe to try out.  We had some very ripe bananas, so I found a banana cupcake recipe and Mason and I got to work.  He has been Josh's sous-chef all summer and has become quite skilled in the kitchen.  

"Mommy this is a HEAPING scoop of flour."  Too funny.  

We realized we were all out of eggs, so Daddy ran to the store to pick some up for us.  We mixed all the ingredients we could.  

"Mommy, I need the bigger whisk.  That's the one that Daddy uses. I think it will work better." Ellie looked on intently, learning all she could. As soon as she can join in the fun she will be right there with that big brother of hers she loves so much.  This week she beams with the biggest smile whenever he is near.  

Once Daddy returned with the eggs we took a break from reading Charlie and Lola and Froggy Bakes a Cake to finish our sweet creations.  Once we had the cupcakes in the oven, it was time to whip up some frosting.  Ellie came over to take a closer look.

After munching on a dinner of solar oven cooked chicken, solar oven roasted garlic,  and fresh beans from the garden (our first ones of the season) it was time to decorate our cupcakes. We could hardly wait. 


Mmmmmmm! Life is sweet.

3 comments:

The Schult Family said...

MMMMMM...yummy cupcakes! I am loving Mason's amazing vocabulary and Ellie's gorgeous face! What awesome kids!....D

One thought at a time. said...

I so love cupcakes. Can you make me some when I come there next time?????

Dad said...

Actually that comment was from PaPop!!!!