Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring Break, Woo Hoo!

So, we had an interesting turn of events this year for spring break.  Many of you have heard about it, but I thought I would bring everyone up to date as I get inspired to catch up on blogging.  Off the topic, I think that word is so funny.  It reminds me of clogging, which reminds me of... okay nevermind you don't care.  

So to kick off our Spring Break our plan was to go to our regularly scheduled doctor's appointment Friday afternoon to check on the baby sister and then go get Mason and have dinner.  The little mover and shaker decided to change the plan and have an irregular heartbeat.  Then we found out I would be staying overnight to have the Pediatric Cardiologist check on her little heart.  

By 7pm or so, we were worried, hungry, and in the new hospital, which by the way is really nice. The staff was great and that helped a bunch.  Josh ran to pick up Mason and some dinner and came back to visit me.  Mason was excited to show me his security badge and ask me, "Mommy are you getting the baby sister out today?"  


I told him not yet, and to tell her to stay in to get healthy and strong first.  He leaned over to her and said, "Don't come out yet baby sister, you have to get big and strong like me."  He then proceeded to tell us how when she comes out he is going to teach her how to dig dirt out with his shovel.  Ah, my little garden boy.  


So the night dragged on and I had some contractions and finally morning arrived and Josh came back to visit me.  The Pediatric Cardiologist arrived with his brand new equipment and did an ultrasound to check on her heart.  He was so great.  He talked us through the whole exam and showed us all that he was looking for.  No wondering what he was looking at.  He reassured us that her heart looked healthy and strong and that sometimes the little ones have these irregularities in the womb and work themselves out later on.  We ended up staying until late that evening for a few more tests and such.

The whole thing was kind of like when I had Mason.  Go home from work on Friday and suddenly life changed.  So I was asked to stop working and rest a bunch to keep the baby happy and growing where she is.  So far so good.  Our family has been great and so helpful with everything.  Josh and Mason are maximizing their father-son time in the garden (be on the lookout for new postings. I will try to keep you updated while resting.)  

I am taking full advantage of my new duties as "resting baby grower", napping a bunch and from time to time I even make it out to supervise the gardening in my fancy new chair from Larry and Lynn.  

5 comments:

Loretta Monroe said...

So glad baby girl is doing well. When is she due to arrive?
Yes.. having two children is way more hard than having one. The hardest part is figuring out how to prioritize their needs. But once you get the hang of that.. it's a breeze. Three is really no more difficult than two. Because Matthew (who is now 4) doesn't get into things any more. So it's really just the two that are still hard. I'm sure next year it will be even easier! You take care of yourself and your little bundle. Can't wait to read more posts and eventually see pix of new baby girl! :o)

Jen said...

Her due date is June 7th, but if she is like her brother she is likely to arrive before that. We are hoping she waits a few more weeks. Glad you are doing well. Your blog made me laugh!

The Howard Bunch said...

Yay for the update! You grow very determined children, who just simply will not do what they're told. :-) I will think good thoughts that she will stay put and listen to mommy. I can't wait to see updates!

Noisy Nora said...

We can't wait to see you all on Saturday! I am so glad you are resting and "growing" your precious little baby!! We love you all so much.

Chelsa said...

The last few weeks are rough, and I think they're especially rough if you've had an early one last time, because you're on high alert the whole time. Sounds like your fiesty little lady is keeping things interesting. Hang in there and let us know if you need anything.