Sunday, June 22, 2008

Father's Day Bake Off

Our fabulous friends, Nora, Pedar, and Casey, all came over last Saturday. That was a blast, but that is not what I am here to talk about today. Nora was telling us about meeting a lady in the supermarket who said that she was making cinnamon rolls and bacon for her hubby for father's day. This got me thinking... Hummm, what do I want for Father's Day breakfast? I had some left over pizza dough, and, dough is dough, so:


The next morning, Mason helped me roll out the dough and spread the butter, sugar and cinnamon while Jen went to the store for some pecans, raisins and sausage (I don't really like cooking bacon... too much grease!). Mason was a bit hesitant about getting his hands greasy, but once he learned that sugar+butter+cinnamon=salivatory bilss, he was dandy.


Once the raisins and pecans were in place, and I was able to keep Mason from picking them off the dough, we rolled up the dough. We were not feeling patient to let them rise on this day, so we popped them into the oven.



We spent most of the 30 minutes of bake time just staring at the sugary carbs of wonder as they baked away. I believe I have quite a sioux chief in the making. Thanks for giving me a great Father's Day treat. I wouldn't be even a fraction of the father I am without Jen and Mason. I am grateful for all they have allowed me to experience in my life. I would not be a father without them.

No comments: